200 HR YOGA ALLIANCE TRAINING
Online Yoga Alliance Immersion for students & prospective teachers
DATES: Online studies: Nov 2 – Dec 15, 2020 & Jan 4-8, 2021
LOCATION: Digital Studio, global
TIMES: Mon-Fri 6-830am & 5-8pm, weekends off
TUITION: $2500 CDN (Three payment options) Register Here
ABOUT THE 200HR PROGRAM:
This course is designed for students who are looking to immerse in yoga for personal growth or teach yoga. The desire to teach is not a pre-requisite to take this course, however, to uphold the integrity of this experience I will approach this program with the mindset as though I am training all of you to be the best teachers out there. It is my school’s mission statement to teach you with integrity, tradition and modernity in fusion with your personality and offerings. Of course – to have fun as well! However, expect hard work in between play.
- The morning asana practice will be 2.5-3 hours in length, we begin with the foundation and build. The style is strong hatha (think slow vinyasa with longer holds, alignment and a sprinkling of flow practices. I am a “breath-centric” teacher, meaning class with I will always begin and end with some form of pranayama and meditation
- Daily asana clinic of around 100 foundational postures, basic cueing and pedagogy
- Reading and discussion on anti-racism in wellness; inclusivity practices. How can we continuously distil patriarchy from true knowledge during our studies in this course?
- Daily practice teaching of “bare bones” – massaging your “teachers voice” beginning with the basics and then building
- Learn the Sanskrit names of all postures
- Anatomy – Basic anatomy, important anatomical reference points in yoga, bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia. Focus on shoulder complex, knees, hips and spine.
- Endocrine Anatomy – We will study the glands and hormones that synthesize health and a sense of well-being
- The respiratory system and its relationship with the nervous system
- Pranayama – The history, luminaries and science behind it
- Traditional practices of mantra, chanting and its history
- We will also look briefly at an overview of yoga history to give you context where we come from
- We will read and discuss the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and Anatomy of the Spirit (one of the first books in N.A to pioneer discussion of chakra anatomy).
- We will read the Bhagavad Gita and understand why it is a classic discourse in yoga
- We will read The Anatomy of the Spirit – and better understand the qualities of the chakras
- We will review vinyasa karma – the art of basic sequencing for a vinyasa class
- Study what is pranayama, types of pranayama practices and Kundalini (this relates to the above).
- Why meditate? Mantras, chanting and more
There will be other pre-requisite readings: TBA
Material for the course:
- Please purchase the Complete Anatomy App (3D Anatomy) – This can be made available on both your phone AND laptop through iTunes. It is an incredibly helpful visual tool for understanding the human body.
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, BKS Iyengar
- Bhagavad Gita, Stephen Mitchell’s interpretation
- Anatomy of the Spirit, Carolyn Myss
- Skill in Action, Radicalizing Your Yoga Practice to Create a Just World, Michelle Cassandra Johnson
REGISTER HERE – three payment plans