20HR COURSES for curious students, teachers and wellness practitioners
DATES & TIMES: For all four modules, classes will run LIVE Mon-Fri, 3-5pm (PST). If you can’t make it LIVE, all recordings will be emailed regardless.
TUITION: $250 per module or $800 for entire course (plus tax)
MODULE ONE: 20 HR, ENDOCRINE & ENERGY ANATOMY (RECORDING ONLY)
NOV 16-20, NOV 23-27, MODULE TWO: 20 HR THE NERVOUS SYSTEM 101 & SUPPORTIVE PRACTICES
NOV 30-DEC 4, DEC 7-11, MODULE THREE: 20 HR THE STORY OF BREATH: THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM (Second Edition)
Classes will run live Mon-Fri, 3-5pm (PST) of above dates, with weekends off. If you miss LIVE classes, a recording of it will be emailed to you regardless. The courses will be kept up for sixty days upon advertised completion date.
These 20hr courses for interested teachers can contributed to your YACEP (continuing education credits via Yoga Alliance)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Curious students and teachers. You do not have to be a yoga teacher to take the full course or any modules. Please arrive with an open heart and mind.
THIS COURSE CAN ALSO ACCOUNT AS 20-80 HOURS of YOGA ALLIANCE CONTINUING EDUCATION for current teachers.
MODULE ONE, 20HRS, ENDOCRINE & ENERGY ANATOMY (RECORDING ONLY) NOV 2-6, NOV 9-13: This course is back a second time this year, marrying the connection of the endocrine system (glands and hormones of our body) with mapping of energy anatomy in yoga.
- What is the endocrine system?
- What is energy anatomy through the lens of yoga?
- There will be days of full lecture + breath-work and meditation that has you experiencing each for optimizing wellness.
- Suggested wellness practices for hormonal health
- How does the language of the nadis, chakras, granthis, kundalini intersect with the science of endocrine structures?
- Chakra One & the adrenals (HPA axis)
- Chakra Two & the sex organs
- Chakra Three & the pancreas
- Chakra Four & the thymus
- Chakra Five & the thyroid
- Chakra Six & the hypothalamus and pituitary
- Chakra Seven & the pineal gland
- We will look at various diseases and dysfunctions as well as preventative measures we can take.
MODULE TWO, 20HRS THE NERVOUS SYSTEM 101 & SUPPORTIVE PRACTICES, NOV 16-20, NOV 23-27: This course is the first run for me and big undertaking! We will look at the nervous system – a macro look at all of its parts and the basics of how they function. We will look closely at the PNS and SNS and how movement, breath and meditation intersects with a healthy nervous system.
- What is the nervous system?
- What is nervous system through the lens of yoga?
- The Central Nervous System & Peripheral Nervous System 101
- A focus on the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems in relationship to emotions, stress and anxiety
- Cool brain stuff 🙂 inspired information from Gabor Mate, Joe Dispenza and other gurus I look to
- What is the link with the endocrine system? A focus on the pineal gland (neuroendocrine connections)
- Daily meditations on what we study
- How does the language of the nadis, chakras, granthis, kundalini intersect with the science of nervous system structures?
- We will look at various diseases and dysfunctions of the nervous system as well – and preventative measures we can take.
- And more! I’m still studying all of this right now so be prepared for some juicy curveballs!
MODULE THREE, 20HRS, Nov 30-Dec 4, Dec 7-11: This course is second edition requested by students. It is a passion of mine as I’ve seen breath-work change people’s lives in turbulent times. We will look at why this is so. Our time together will include lectures on the science of why and how pranayama works. Science, the ego, the pineal gland, treatment for illnesses… one of my favourite courses to teach!
- Daily breath “recipes” for inner peace and health
- A brief history of pranayama in yoga and luminaries of the practice
- The different types of traditional pranayama and the why?
- Energy anatomy – how pranayama works with the subtle body
- The 101 anatomy of breathing: The Respiratory System & Science of Breath
- The diaphragm
- The vagus nerve
- The prana vayus
- Common respiratory illnesses & how to work with them
- Pranayama for certain conditions (i.e cancer treatment)
- Contraindications of pranayama
- What is kundalini? And a modern approach to it.
- Conducting pranayama for releasing dis-ease in 2020
- Tips for teachers when teaching pranayama in a public setting
You can also send money via e-transfer of $262.50 per module or $840 for full course (prices include tax) to email@example.com – In this case, please specify in a separate email what courses you are signing up for.