My teaching offers a blend of my life’s work since I was nineteen: from a degree Kinesiology in Montreal, Quebec at McGill University, to my current studies (2021) in Neuroscience, Psychology and Mental Health at King’s College, London. In between, I have spent fifteen years traveling the world from Asia to Italy to Nicaragua, meeting thousands of students and doing my passion: teaching and creating life changing experiences using movement, breath and research.
I strive to always remain a student before being a business owner: What is relevant to us in society today? How can we thrive in light of our ever-changing world? What movement, medicines, methods – create catharsis and optimal health?
Science, from the perspective of spirituality, is in fact “spirit” but it is however you define it in your own life. It is important to me to teach from both: the heart of all beliefs, all ways of living, with evidence, if you will: the scientific research of health and wellness.
I have been a teacher of yoga for almost twenty years, since 2003 and have graduated around 1000 students from my programs who have gone on to teach or open their own schools: 200hr and 300hr trainings, to continuing education courses via the Yoga Alliance. Students include health care workers, body workers, nurses, parents, business coaches, mentors – all ages, shapes, sizes.
My primary teachers, who I’d like to thank, include my time living and breathing yoga at Pure Yoga, Hong Kong with Patrick Creelman. I also learned the art of pranayama (breathwork) from Paul Dallaghan and Sri Tiwari Ji while in Thailand, in lineage with the Kaivalyananda tradition. As well as my own lineage of teachers (mom and dad). It is in my blood and I love it.
I look forward to meeting you!
- Currently completely my Masters: Neuroscience and Psychology of Mental Health, King’s College, London, UK
- B.Ed in Kinesiology, McGill University, Montreal
- Julia McCabe Yoga is an official school registered with the Yoga Alliance, currently offering 200 and 300HR level trainings locally and internationally as well as Continuing Education credits.
- ERYT- 500 Certified Teacher (Yoga Alliance)
- Ana Forrest, Advanced Training
- Wanderlust Whistler 2012, 2013
- Victoria Yoga Conference 2017, 2018
- Basscoast Festival teacher since its inception