200 HR YOGA ALLIANCE TRAINING
DATES: Weekends only: Friday night through Sunday
LOCATION: The Well on Bowen, Bowen Island, B.C
Getting There & About The Well on Bowen Island:
The Well on Bowen is a healing sanctuary and yoga studio immersed in the majestic nature of beautiful B.C coast. The rejuvenating ocean air permeates the island – it is close to Vancouver but far away enough to feel like you’re on vacation. The studio is located in vibrant Artisan Square, conveniently off the ferry and is surrounded by mountain views, art galleries, stylish boutiques and delicious cafés.
From Vancouver it’s a quick ferry ride, only twenty-minutes. We have chosen Bowen especially for those of you who crave a staycation vibe, may have families or other expenses that do not permit overseas travels to study. The Well is just 25km/15.5mi northwest of Vancouver, Bowen Island is easily accessible by water taxi from downtown’s Granville Island, or by ferry from Horseshoe Bay, only a scenic twenty-minute ride away. Shopping and dining await a short stroll from the ferry in Snug Cove. Peruse local boutiques for artwork, jewelry and fair-trade goods; enjoy delicious Mediterranean and West Coast food in Village Square, Artisan Square, and the Marina on the Pier.
ACCOMMODATION & CARPOOLING: As we get closer to the dates, it might be cost effective to reach out to others in the program to share accommodation/carpool. Many will be commuting daily but helpful if you’re wanting to stay the weekends, here are some helpful links: www.tourismbowenisland.com or www.airbnb.ca or www.vrbo.ca
ABOUT THE 200HR PROGRAM:
This course is designed for students who are looking to immerse in yoga for personal growth or teach yoga. The desire to teach is not a pre-requisite to take this course, however, to uphold the integrity of this experience we will approach this program with the mindset as though we are training all of you to be the best teachers out there. It is the school’s mission statement to teach you with integrity, tradition and modernity in fusion with your personality and offerings. Of course – to have fun as well! However, expect hard work in between play.
- The morning asana practice will be 2.5-3 hours in length, we begin with the foundation and build. The style is strong hatha (think slow vinyasa with longer holds, alignment and a sprinkling of flow practices. Julia is a “breath-centric” teacher, meaning class with her will always begin and end with some form of pranayama and meditation. Crystal will be infusing her love for mantra, chanting and storytelling within her classes.
- Daily asana clinic of around 100 foundational postures, basic cueing and pedagogy
- Daily practice teaching of “bare bones” – massaging your “teachers voice” beginning with the basics and then building
- Learn the Sanskrit names of all postures
- Traditional practices of mantra, chanting and its history
- We will also look briefly at an overview of yoga history to give you context where we come from
- We will read and discuss the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and Anatomy of the Spirit (one of the first books in N.A to pioneer discussion of chakra anatomy).
- We will read the Bhagavad Gita and understand why it is a classic discourse in yoga
- We will read The Anatomy of the Spirit – and better understand the qualities of the chakras
- We will review vinyasa karma – the art of basic sequencing for a vinyasa class
- Study what is pranayama, types of pranayama practices and Kundalini (this relates to the above).
- Why meditate? Mantras, chanting and more
There will be other pre-requisite readings: TBA
Material for the course:
- Please purchase the Complete Anatomy App (3D Anatomy) – This can be made available on both your phone AND laptop through iTunes. It is an incredibly helpful visual tool for understanding the human body.
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, BKS Iyengar
- Bhagavad Gita, Stephen Mitchell’s interpretation
- Anatomy of the Spirit, Carolyn Myss
The schedule…What to expect:
Fridays at 6pm-9pm, Saturdays: 630am-1145am & 115-6pm, Sundays: 630am-1145am & 115-6pm
Dates: May 1-3, May 8-10, May 15-17, May 22-24, May 29-31, June 5-7, June 12 -14, June 19 – 21, June 26-28
645am-1145am – Asana, pranayama, meditation, partner work, practice teaching, theory
115-6pm – Afternoon theory/readings/group discussion/asana clinic
ABOUT CRYSTAL BORELLI – BIO HERE: https://www.crystalrainbowborrelli.com/
Crystal Rainbow Borelli will be co-teaching this training with me – our first training together! Crystal is pretty darn special to me as we share a ten-year friendship and teachership relationship! Crystal was one of the first trainees to ever in enrol in my 200hr program. Since then she has studied extensively all over the world, mainly in India with Vishva and has a deep love for traditional practices notoriously known for belting out mantra and hanging out with Wade Morrisette talking shop. Crystal hails from Lasqueti Island – hippyville – and was brought up by yogis, ’tis in her lineage. She’s deeply dedicated to the practice, a beloved Vancouver teacher and a shining star.
$3500 CDN plus GST.
TO REGISTER/DEPOSIT TO HOLD YOUR SPOT:
INFO FOR INTERESTED TEACHERS: The style you will be taught to teach is a strong Hatha/Vinyasa/Power flow practice but as you will learn, yoga is yoga is yoga. The teaching begins once the course is over and it is up to you to persevere and commit years on the mat to be a solid, new teacher. It takes time and patience. All education is good education – and if it is your calling…you will know. If it is not your calling, this course will gift you inner-tools that never expire.