COURSES THIS SUMMER 2021:
Sept 6-38, 2021 50HR CERTIFICATION in PRANAYAMA & RESPIRATORY SCIENCE – Skillful Leaders in Breath Medicine
July 19-30 (EARLY BIRD BEFORE JULY 1st)
Continuing Education: The Story of The Four Systems Application & Study: Digestive, Lymphatic, Nervous & Endocrine Systems
30HR INTENSIVE of the Nervous, Endocrine, Lymphatic & Digestive Systems
Class runs live or can be audited at own pace (M-F, 12-3pm PST) *recorded
There are many important systems in the human body but these four in particular tell a story of who we are and where we’ve been. There will be basic anatomy, physiology as well how the four work together in symbiosis to our lives and health. How is our nervous system best friends with our digestive system? How is lymphatic health connected to the other three? Just an example of the kinds of questions we’ll be addressing. This is an in-depth study and application via lectures, visual aid, conversation and application of some supportive practices.
There will be integration of supportive practices as well (in the scope of a 30-45 min movement every day or every other day) that you can bring back to your business or health.
There will be lectures, visual aid (power point/videos) and interactive discussion. You will be given six months access after this course to re-watch or watch if you cannot attend live.
July 19-23: The Nervous & Endocrine Systems
July 26-30: The Lymphatic & Digestive Systems
For course curriculum, visit: juliamccabe.com
Who is this for? This course is open to anyone beyond yoga practitioners. Anyone who is working in health care, coaching, mentoring, teaching, parenting… or has keen interest in good health.
This course backs up WHY breathing isn’t to be underestimated and the science behind it. It is for anyone who desires to increase their confidence and knowledge in how anatomy, physiology and energy work together.
(Continuing Education option/credit via the Yoga Alliance)
Early bird registration before July 1st: $400 & after $600
Note: $350 savings if you also attend the Pranayama & Respiratory Sciences course in September.
Sept 6-28 (Early bird ends August 1)
DATES & TIMES: September 6 – 28, 2021, 3-6PM (PST) or recordings can be viewed for six months
TUITION: $750 EARLY BIRD BEFORE AUGUST 1 & $850 AFTER AUGUST 1st, 2021
21 person maximum
Curriculum & Certification:
- Practice-clinical settings & what to do (i.e one on one with a faux-client with depression or cancer).
- Working with certain conditions (i.e asthma, CF, panic attacks) including the above
- The art of watching others breathe
- A brief one-on-one with me to determine your own breath patterns, breath reading and goals for the outcome of this course
- Embodying svadhyaya (self study) of daily-led pranayama practices and self-monitoring
- Integration of old wisdom: My teacher of pranayama (Sri Tiwari Ji), Iyengar (Light on Pranayama) to Kundalini Yoga
- Modern day considerations: The how-to of working with clients with stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, pregnancy and other conditions. This will be a very big part of this course.
- Brief History of Pranayama
- The Skeletal System & Breath
- The Thorax
- The Bandhas
- The Basic Pranayama Types
- The Psoas, Diaphragm & Abdomen
- Fascia & Respiration
- The Pelvic Diaphragm & Respiration
- The Nose vs Mouth Breathing
- The Lungs
- The Nervous System in Brief
- The Endocrine System in Brief
- A History of Pranayama
- Luminaries of Pranayama
- Basic pedagogy & artful teaching of pranayama
- Identifying ways you can incorporate it into your life/business practice
- Ethical practices & considerations of the above
- Homework & quizzes
- Practicum work and teaching of pranayama to other students online
- Final examCertification requires 100% completion of the course. It can be done via recording. If possible, I ask you be in full attendance as much as possible LIVE.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Curious students and teachers. Parents. Leaders. Entrepreneurs guiding others. Mentors. Coaches. Wellness leaders. Nurses. Dulas/Midwives. Parents. Bodyworkers.
THIS COURSE ACTS AS A 50 HOUR CREDIT via the YOGA ALLIANCE CONTINUING EDUCATION
WHY GET CERTIFIED? HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE STORY OF PRANAYAMA COURSE?
You will learn the how-to in a practicum-like set-up. Also, see the above curriculum notes.
Respiratory science and pranayama are allies in our collective mental wellness and are being integrated into many workplaces beyond yoga studios. Knowing how to skillfully integrate both will flourish your offerings as a coach, parent, guide, mentor, teacher, dula/midwife, therapist, bodyworker. Breathing is one of the most accessible tools regardless of age, fitness, persons with disabilities; foundational for nervous system self-regulation, sleep and overall wellness. Yet so many don’t know how or need help doing so due to trauma, illness, even culture. This requires an embodiment of the practices (self-study) and a strong foundation in its science in order to be a skillful guide. What NOT to do is as important as teaching what to do.
About my experience: I have taught yoga trainings and guided students through pranayama for over 18 years. My original and first respected teacher in the passing of pranayama wisdom was Sri Tiwari Ji, a leading authority in pranayama and direct disciple of late Swami Kuvalayanandaji, founder of Kaivalyadhama, a pioneer institute in the field of scientific research in yoga. I have since taught extensively in pranayama, short courses on the nervous system, endocrine system and respiratory system, hold a degree in Kinesiology and have worked extensively one on one with clients with many health conditions.
Giving back to India’s roots: *I will contribute a small portion of each tuition fee to the Kaivalyadhama School in India to pay homage to my roots, teachers and where this tradition comes from. The ANAND Project
Upcoming Holistic Care Centre for Cancer Survivors and Lifestyle conditions: “We envisage to provide accommodation, treatment, and therapies as per the needs of cancer survivors and people affected by NCDs at this centre.”
a) I ask that you are either a non-smoker or someone determined to quit in partnership with this course.
b) An open mind. That you step into this course like an empty cup with a willingness to go into your own body in order to embody wisdom and skill.
c) You are a lover of good health would like to learn more and help others for the greater good.
d) Have tried pranayama/breath-work before. You have a readiness to deepen.